Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My computer

Ok I know haven't been the best example of a good blogger since I havent posted on here in quite awhile. But honestly its mainly cause I was busy keeping my other blog FracturedView up-to-date as well as modifying it heavily. The most blatant modification is the over all template and color pallette. It is simple a modified version of Minima Black with my own custom header and then matching text colors. Well to get back to our own class, I am pleased at how quickly we are moving. But I am concerned that some of the class might not retain what is going on in class and is relying on the answers of some of the more technically proficient. The reason this worries is that when the test or exam comes around and each person is by themselves I hope they can answer correctly using their own knowledge instead of those of others. I know we have covered ALOT in this class but it is fairly easy once you get to REALLY know it. Either way my main goal is to have everyone pass this class with flying colors.

Now many of you are interested in what I plan on building during the course of this class. Well to start... I am not building a computer from scratch. What I am doin is a rebuild of my current computer, by placing the internal components of my current machine into a new case with some added accessories.

Firstly my new case...



This case is from ThermalTake and is the Armor VA8000. The case is HUGE with a possilbe eleven 5.25" bays (one bay is an optional tool/accessory drawer). I would list out all the details but you can read it for yourself. Now one of the main reasons I picked this case is for its 62% ratio opening and fan in the top of the case. This is where my cooling system will be most effective. I plan on purchasing the Kingwin Arctic Liquid Cooling system. This system uses a fully internal cooling controller and radiator, so there will be no external resevoir nor piping.

As you can see from the picture the output for the main unit is right on top so the really wide opening on the selected cases will optimize air flow over the internal radiator. The guys over at Club Overclocker did a review of the Kingwin with full pictures after installation and results from tests. But thats about it for serious add-ons. The rest of the stuff I am about to list is because... I just feel like having it for the fun of having it...

Firstly I thought of having the Media LAB from Thermaltake. But that was before I realized that it had its own application that ran it and it wasn't compatible with just any media player. Then I found a product called iMon which looked remarkably similar so I am not sure if I will move on that part of the project till I know for certain what's goin on there. Other than that I plan on getting some internal blue lighting from some spare Blue LED's I have and possibly switching to round ATA cables to help with further air flow. All-in-all it should be an interesting change in computer for me. I might also stick a second 250 gig HD in addition to the current 250 I have in there.

ThermalTake Armor Case - 139.00
Kingwin Arctic Liquid Cooling System - 89.99
Round Cables for HD/DVD/CD - 4.50 to 8.50

Thats pretty much the round out for all that I want to do the machine. If you have any ideas or input just leave me a comment... Thanks and see you all in class next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell dakota learn ur stuff
ok

oh by the way keep it real

ha ha ha ha ha u dont know who i am guess who

10/13/2005 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home